Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Drugstore Makeup - Maybelline Lip Polish



Okay so I had a wedding to attend a couple of weeks ago, and decided I needed alittle color on my lips. As opposed to the usual nude pink I use. So, I was looking in my lip products drawer and found a lipgloss named "Maybelline Lip Polish in Plum Shine" ... Which confused me because I definately don't remember purchasing it... But anywho I tried it on.




When I put it on I was pleasantly surprised. Being a woman of color, with ummm... slightly larger lips... it's sometimes hard to find colors that don't over exaggerate the lips. But this shade, and gel-based formula looked great! Of course I used concealer around the lips to make it alittle more even, and slightly smaller .. But even without it, it looked really good.

PROS

lasts just about all day

Only have to touch up alittle after I eat

has a nice shine

doesn't seep into cracks of lips

Great price for quality

CONS

May go on alittle sloppy if you apply it unevenly

Repurchase: YES



To add alittle shine, I used NYC's Clear Lip Plumper on top of it. Formula's sticky, but do-able. And makes the lips look candy painted.

Where to Buy

You can get Maybelline's Lip Polish at any drugstore. Target Walmart, etc. You can get it from Target for $4.94

Go here to see which shades look best with which skin tone, eye and hair color --> http://www.Maybelline.com/product/lip/lipgloss/lip-polish-lip-gloss.htm

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy Ashhh. LoL. Thia will be very helpful to alot of people, especially my ass lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! ii LOVE you're blog! i literally come on everyday to see what new stuff u have!...even though u just started blogging i find ur stuff really useful...AND that mayballine lip polish is absolutely amazing! i went straight out to buy it and it works really really good...it really does last long!...keep doing ur thing Ashlii! im def a fan :)

    ReplyDelete