Sunday, April 11, 2010

Glitter and Violet Eyeshadow



So I had alittle time on my hands so I decided to come up with an all purple look... It's simple, affordable, and of course cute! I listed prices of the supplies, and where you can find them at the bottom. So yeah here's how I achieved it...



I used my NYX Jumbo pencils in Purple and Strawberry Milk as a base for my eyeshadows. This helps the colors last longer, and makes them more bold and vibrant. I used the Strawberry Milk in my inner corner where I was going to place the pink. And used the Purple for the rest, extending it alittle past where my eye ends. I didn't blend it out...






Next I used my 88 Coastal Scents palette, which I ordered from CoastalScents.Com. I used these 3 shades of pink (which are circled) on the inner portion of my eye, on top of where I used the Strawberry Milk Jumbo pencil.



Right next to the pink on the middle of the lid, I used these 2 purples over the Purple NYX jumbo pencil. I stopped right under the arch of my brow. I blended the pink into the purple alittle bit with my eyeshadow brush. Do not over blend.




I then placed the 2 purples circled on the outter part of my eye. And added just a tad
of the black eyeshadow to make the purple alittle deeper. I blended the outter deep purple into the middle purple slightly, remember don't over blend.



Okay then I took a tad bit of my L'Oreal HIP Mettalic Eyeshadow Duo I purchased from CVS, on a slanted eyebrow brush. Or you can use a flat concealer brush, or eyeliner brush. Anywho, place a tad bit of the Metallic Silver in between the pink and purple eyeshadow. And a tad bit between the purple and deep purple. With that same brush, blend it slightly in both directions. This will create the illusion of the color fading into the next shade.



I then used that same eyebrow brush(or flat brush) and used a bit of the Metallic Silver on the top and bottom inner corner of my eye. Which will make your eyes look more awake and wide.



After I added all the eyeshadows, I used my blending brush to blend the outter part of the shadow slightly. Do not blend the colors together on the lid. (Unless of course that's the look you are going for) The Metallic Silver you placed in between the shades should already give the blended fading look. So really you just need to focus your blending on the outter portion of the deep purple. So that there isn't such a harsh line.



To make the pink sparkle I used my Claires Cosmetic Glitter stick. I used alittle of the darker pink glitter and pressed it with my finger slightly over the pink eyeshadow. It stuck because of the Strawberry Milk jumbo pencil's texture underneath the pink eyeshadow.

* You MUST use Cosmetic Glitter. Regular glitter will cut your eye if it falls into your eye! Make sure the label reads cosmetic.


The not-so-hard part is done ! Now line your top lid with your favorite black eyeliner. I used Urban Decay's liquid liner. On the bottom lid on the water line, I used a NYX eyeliner pencil in White. You can use any eye pencil, they are pretty much the same.

*A white eye liner pencil will create a wide or awake illusion. While black will make your eyes appear smaller.


Underneath the waterline on the bottom lid, on the lash line I placed some of the deep purple eyeshadow on the outter lid, and a Magenta (in between pink and purple color) color on the inner half and blended it into thedeep purple.

*If you don't want to use eyeshadow to line your lower lid, you can use black eyeliner.
For mascara I used CoverGirl Lash Blast, my 2nd favorite mascara.


Prices


  • Coastal Scents 88 Palette .............................. $18.95

www.CoastalScents.com

  • NYX Jumbo Pencils .........................................$3.00

www.CherryCulture.com www.NYXCosmetics.com Your nearest Ulta Store - SOME beauty supply stores

  • L'OREAL HIP Duo Eyeshadow ........................$6.00

CVS - Walgreens (they are often Buy One get One FREE!) Target - Walmart - etc

  • Claire's Cosmetic Glitter Stick ...........................$6.00

Claire's or Icing at your local mall
  • Urban Decay Liquid Liner ................................$18.00

Sephora - ULTA (expensive yes, but it's really a great eyeliner. Very easy to control, with a great tip)

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Spring look you got going on Ash!Might have to rock this...cant wait to see more looks AND pics.
    Love ya XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! When are you moving to SC?? I need a personal makeup person. lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats really pretty...i wanted to get into makeup once also...i went to coastal scents website and i bought the 88 pallet and of course i was so excited and then i realized i wasnt really that good at doing makeup..but you as well as other ppl i watch on youtube are amazing...and this blog is def really great for ppl who want to learn...i tried this violet shadow on myself using ur step by step tips and it actually came out really good..thanx

    ReplyDelete